The Diet Color Diet is less a diet for weight loss than a diet for preventing diseases like cancer. Sugars and fats are reduced. For this, eating healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean protein products and whole grains is recommended. With the healthy serving sizes you will lose weight as well.
Content of the diet profile
- Origin of the diet
- The diet in detail
- Duration of the diet
- Advantages and disadvantages
- weight loss
- Count calories / points
- Sports & Exercise
- Additional Information
- Nutritional assessment
- sample day
- Similar diets
- experts Conclusion
Origin of the diet
Founder of the Colors Diet is the American physician, nutritionist and founder of the "UCLA Center for Human Nutrition". David Heber. From his research, he deduced knowledge of the interaction of nutrition and genes in the prevention of diseases and built on the colors diet.
The diet in detail
In the color diet, fruits and vegetables, according to their content of phytochemicals, are divided into seven different color groups. From each of these seven groups a handful should be eaten per day, a total of about 500 grams daily.
In addition to the classification of fruits and vegetables, the following food groups are on the nutritional plan:
- Lean egg whites: tofu / soy products, legumes, dairy products, white meat, fish, seafood, egg whites
- High-fiber carbohydrates: brown rice, whole grains, beans
- Healthy fats: olive oil, avocados, nuts / seeds
To be avoided: egg yolk, butter and margarine, trans fats, food with "empty calories" (= many kcal but little nutritional value), red meat with a high content of saturated fats and sugar (sweets, pastries). There are five meals a day in the Farben diet: breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks in between, for a total of 1, 200 to 1, 400 kcal per day.
Examples of the seven color groups of the colors diet in fruits and vegetables are:
- Red Group: Tomatoes, watermelons, red grapefruit contain lycopene, which is said to protect against cancer by neutralizing free radicals in the body.
- Red / Violet Group: beetroot, eggplant, red wine, grape juice, plums, cranberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, red apples. These are rich in the antioxidant called anthocyanin, which is supposed to protect against a clumping of the blood. In addition, it should prevent the aging process and help against Alzheimer's.
- Orange Group: Carrots, Mangoes, Red Peppers, Apricots, Apricots, Cantaloupe Melons, Pumpkin, Sweet Potatoes. These varieties contain a lot of alpha carotene, which is supposed to prevent cancer as well as beta carotene which the body can convert to vitamin A. These phytochemicals provide protection against free radicals, help repair DNA defects and are good for the eyesight. In addition, they promote healthy skin, hair and activate the metabolism of fat.
- Orange / yellow group: pineapple, orange juice, oranges, tangerines, peaches, papaya and nectarines. Included is beta Cryptothanxin, which is said to protect against heart disease. In addition, a lot of vitamin C, which mainly strengthens the immune system.
- Yellow / green group: spinach, corn, peas, avocado, turnips. These vegetables provide lutein and zeaxanthin. These are phytochemicals, which are intended to protect against, among other things, age-related sea deficiency (Mukula degeneration) as well as arteriosclerosis.
- Green Group: Broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, Chinese cabbage, pak choi are rich in sulforaphane, isocyanate and contain indoles to protect against cancer.
- White / Green Group: Allium, leeks, onions, garlic, celery, white wine, endives, chives are all growth factors of the onion family and contain allicin to prevent tumor formation. It also contains phytochemicals such as Quescetin and Kamperfol.
To promote health, which is the goal of the Color Diet, the combination of individual color groups plays a big role. This is the only way to achieve optimal health effects.
There are detailed lists of fruit and vegetables by color grouping, menu suggestions, many recipes, shopping lists and tips for nutrition on the road, in the restaurant or on the journey.
Duration of the diet
There are nutrition plans for a week. Basically, the diet according to the color diet is not limited to a period, but is understood as a healthy, lifelong diet with a colorful variety of fruits and vegetables.
Advantages and disadvantages
- High percentage of fresh fruits and vegetables
- No ban on individual foods
- Instead of brown and beige, it should be colorful on the plate
- Fresh preparation and cooking are included
It is more of a healthy diet than weight loss in the foreground. Depending on the amount of calories eaten daily, the success rate is probably half a kilo per week.
Count calories / points
The focus is on the selection of food so a particularly colorful selection of fruits and vegetables and less on counting calories. Anyone who wants to lose weight with the diet should take care to eat fewer calories than the body needs. Only then can you achieve a weight reduction. Suggestions for slimming portion sizes are given.
Sports & Exercise
Sport is recommended in the color diet and should support the effect of healthy, fresh foods and weight loss.
- Secondary plant substances
- Colorful world of fruits & vegetables
Most of us eat too little fruit and vegetables a day. The colors diet, which focuses on exactly, would like to help right here. The body is supplied with fruits and vegetables in the color diet, as well as with healthy fats, complex whole grains and lean protein. A combination of nutrients that provides the body with all the healthy micro and macronutrients for a longer period of time.
- Breakfast: oatmeal with fruit and yoghurt
- Snack: fruits
- Lunch: Colorful salad with tofu
- Snack: fruits
- Evening: Vegetable casserole with turkey breast
- Weight Watchers
- Brigitte diet
- Pritikin diet
- Volumetrics diet
- 5 factor diet
- Lighter living in Germany (LliD)
The basic idea is to eat a portion of each of the 7 color groups of fruits and vegetables. This colorful as possible, diverse composition of ideally 7 daily servings, fruits and vegetables is highly recommended and provides the body with a wide range of essential vitamins, minerals, trace elements the phytochemicals. So to speak, a selection of the colors of the rainbow.
Who eats a lot of fruits and vegetables, which also ensures a good saturation and can thus almost automatically lose weight or keep his weight. In addition healthy fiber and fats: That makes a healthy diet.
Sport plays an important role in the color diet, because regular exercise protects against many diseases and keeps the body and mind fit.
If you do not make 7 portions of fruit and vegetables every day, you can still take many ideas and suggestions for a healthier diet from the Farben diet.
In order to lose weight with the colors, one should keep the portion sizes, which are based on the personal calorie requirement. In spite of the calorie restriction, one should be careful to regularly eat healthy fats from nuts, vegetable oil or fatty fish.